It is December!
I hope that you all had a great Thanksgiving and weekend, and are looking forward to Christmas and the New Year 2020, which is a presidential election year. It is time to get Democrats together to take charge of the Senate and the White House.
The first order of business for Democrats is to reorganize the local committees, induct new members, and elect officers for 2020-2021. We will do that on Monday, December 9th, at 6:00 p.m. at the Bristol Virginia Courthouse. If you are registered to vote in Bristol, Virginia, you are eligible for membership in the Bristol Virginia Democratic Committee. You can download and print the Call and Participant Registration form, complete and sign the form, and bring it with you to the meeting. We need and welcome new members to help with the work that needs to be done this year, and we hope that you will come out and lend your voice and your hands, because this is how we will win.
- Reorganization is Monday, December 9th, at 6:00 p.m. at the Bristol Virginia Courthouse, 497 Cumberland Street in Bristol. The Call to Caucus, Rules, and Agenda have been posted on Bristolvademocrats.org, along with downloadable documents. The links to download appear first, followed by the text of the Call and the participant registration form. There is also an explanation of committee reorganization on the web page for folks who have not previously attended a membership/reorganization meeting. Persons in line to enter the meeting at 6:30 when the doors close will be admitted for registration.
- For folks outside of Bristol, find your local committee and get involved. Committees elect delegates to convention, campaign for candidates, put signs out at the polling places, assist with candidate events, and help keep local headquarters offices open during the presidential election. We also work to promote local and state candidates who will be on the ballot in November.
- Committee Reorganization, Monday, December 9th, at 6:00 to 8:00 p.m., at the Bristol Virginia Courthouse, 497 Cumberland St., in Bristol, VA. Doors will close promptly at 6:30. Democrats registered to vote in Bristol Virginia are represented by the committee, and are encouraged to attend, become involved in committee activities, and help support our candidates. Use the links above, or see the attached Rules, Agenda, and information sheet for Reorganization.
- TN-VA State Line Social, Monday, December 16th, at around 5:00 p.m. at the State Line Bar and Grille, 644 E. State St., Bristol, TN, 37620. This is an informal meeting. Attendees order and pay individually. Progressives, Liberals, and our political friends and cousins from both Bristols and the surrounding area are welcome.
- Breakfast with Democrats, Saturday, December 21st, at 9:00 a.m. at the Golden Corral, Exit 7, in Bristol, VA. Guests are welcome. Attendees order and pay individually. Join us for coffee or breakfast, and conversation with Democrats. At this event we have informative and lively discussions of issues and current events!
Hope to see you in December, and also hope to add new names to the Committee membership at Reorganization on the 9th!