The election is just days away! If you can’t be at the polls on Tuesday Nov. 7, there is still time to vote in person absentee. In Bristol, to vote in person absentee you need to show up at the City Hall on Lee Street, stop at the Registrar’s window, and certify that you meet one of the 20 or so reasons that you must be absent on Election Day. Your vote for our candidates in this election is critical, and I hope everyone receiving this e-mail will vote, and call your friends to be sure they do not forget to vote.
Thank you to folks who have volunteered to work at the polls as Officers of Election, campaign support for candidates outside the polls, and providing rides to the polls.
Bristol folks and people from surrounding areas are invited to a Covered Dish Swing Through Dinner hosted by the Washington County Democratic Committee on Saturday November 4th at 5:00 p.m. at the Southwest Virginia 4-H Center on Hillman Highway in Abingdon. Admission is free, just bring a tasty dish to share. Candidates and There will be guest speakers, bluegrass and country music from local musicians and friends of Heartwood. Washington County constitutional officers and Candidate Joel Harte will be there.
State and Local Democrats on the Nov. 7 ballot in Bristol, Virginia:
• Ralph S. Northam for Governor of Virginia
• Justin E. Fairfax for Lieutenant Governor of Virginia
• Mark R. Herring for Attorney General of Virginia
• Cloe Eva Barker for Bristol Commissioner of Revenue
• Joe R. Mink for Bristol Sheriff
Our scheduled meetings in November:
- Saturday November 4: Covered Dish Swing Through in Abingdon, as described above.
- Thursday, November 9: Washington County Democratic Committee Meeting at 6 p.m. at The Southwest Virginia 4H Center, 25236 Hillman Highway, Abingdon, VA 24210. More information is on their website at www:WashCoVADems.org
- Monday, November 13: BVDC Committee Meeting at 7:00 to 8:00 p.m., at the Bristol Virginia Courthouse, 497 Cumberland St., in Bristol, VA. This is an important planning meeting, and we will need voting members to be present.
- Saturday, November 18: Breakfast with Democrats, at 9:00 a.m. at the Golden Corral, Exit 7 in Bristol, Virginia. Good food, great conversation, no agenda, guests welcome. Attendees pay separately for breakfast.
- Monday, November 20: TN-VA Democratic Social at around 5:00 p.m. at the State Line Bar and Grille, 644 E. State St., Bristol, TN, 37620. This is an informal meeting of Democrats, Progressives, Liberals, and our political friends and cousins. Attendees order and pay for food and drinks individually, but the conversation is free.
Hope to see you in November, especially on Election Day November 7, 2017.